Registering the PrincipalLocator

Jul 18, 2011 at 1:33 PM
Edited Jul 18, 2011 at 1:35 PM

Hi, I'm trying to implement something similar to what you're doing here.  However, I'm having difficulty registering the PrincipalLocator (which I assume exposes the Object Picker and Name Resolver to AzMan).

As far as I can tell, the Guid needs to be entered in the registry for AzMan to detect. 

I've written an implementation of IAzPrincipalLocator (pretty much the same as you've written), and registered the Guid.  I can see (using Process Monitor) that AzMan is detecting my entry, but I just can't get the name of the Object Picker to display in AzMan.  I'm assuming that it's not able to load my assembly for some reason.

Any tips?  How do you go about installing your extension?

Regards

Coordinator
Aug 9, 2011 at 3:10 PM

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the delayed answer. But I'm having the same problem with PrincipalLocator and Object Picker. I already did the class but Azman doesn't recognize my objects. 

I already tried to talk with the Microsoft Azman developer, but he ignored me and i have any solution about that.  

What i´m doing is creating the users objects in azman using the Microsoft Standard for custom SID (S-1-9-xxx) and add the users by using Azman API. But when i'm using the Azman console, the

SID is not converting to the username. For me is ok now, because i can check users access using SID for Active Directory and my Custom SID for custom database users. 

If you have any news about that, please try contact me again. Sometime I think Microsoft doesn't care for Azman anymore. 

Best Regards,

Alan Rodrigues

Jan 6, 2012 at 7:35 PM

So is the hope of a Custom Object Picker a complete dead end?

I've written a little bit about the goose-chase here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6918135/is-there-a-sample-anywhere-of-an-azman-custom-object-picker

Mar 27, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Thanks Alan.

My dev team is full force now with NetSqlAzman.  NO COM.  4.0 Framework.  An object model that makes sense.  Open source, so you don't get screwed when soMebodieS move onto the next great thing.